Dolo 650 tablet is one of the common names we hear when we get fever as it is one of the antipyretic medicines we have in the market. So let’s learn important information about the Dolo 650 tablet.
What is a Dolo tablet ?
Dolo 650 tablet is antipyretic as well as analgesic medicine which is useful in reducing the fever of the body as well as any kind of pain in the body. Dolo 650 tablet is manufactured by Micro Labs Company.
What is the content of the Dolo tablet ?
The Dolo 650 tablet contains 650 mg paracetamol. Paracetamol is also known as acetaminophen. Paracetamol is almost like a non steroidal anti inflammatory drug which inhibits Cyclooxygenase 1 and cyclooxygenase 2 enzymes which ultimately inhibits prostaglandin synthesis which is responsible for the body pain and fever.
How to use Dolo 650 tablet ?
Dolo 650 tablet is to be taken during or after meal orally.It is to be taken after meal as it is non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which is responsible for acidity so if taken after meal then chances of acidity are very much low. It can be taken along with water as well as milk.
Always check the expiry date on the blister of the dolo tablet before consuming it.
What is the dose of a dolo tablet to take ?
Dolo 650 tablet, a whole tablet can be taken if your weight is more than 45 kg. The dose of the paracetamol is 15 mg/kg of body weight. So 22 kg weight children can also take half tablet. You must keep at least 6 hours in between two doses of tablet.
|Weight of Patient||Dose of Tablet|
|Above 45 kg||1 tablet|
|22 kg to 26 kg||Half tablet|
What are the side effects of dolo 650 tablet ?
The side effects of the dolo tablet are very rare and those are as follows
- Mild gastritis
- Skin rash
- Decrease in platelet count
- Decrease in white blood cells
- Liver damage
- Renal damage
Mostly those side effects subside rapidly. If you take a dolo tablet regularly for many days then it can lead to liver damage.
If you suffer from any allergic reaction after taking a dolo tablet, you should immediately contact your doctor in an emergency.
Patients who have liver disease and renal disease, it is better to avoid taking dolo 650 tablet to take it only on advice of your doctor.
What precaution to take while consuming a Dolo tablet ?
- During pregnancy – You can take a dolo tablet during pregnancy but you must avoid it to take regularly. It is always better to take it on advice of your doctor.
- During Breastfeeding – You can take a tablet while breastfeeding as mothers milk will contain very low amounts of drugs and it is not harmful for your baby.
- During Driving – You can take the tablet if you are going to drive as it does not cause drowsiness.
- Alcohol drinking – It is better to keep your drinking frequency low as it can damage your liver and if you need to take dolo 650 which can also damage liver to some extent. Risk of liver failure is more common in chronic alcoholics.
- Avoid other medicines containing paracetamol along with dolo 650 tablets.
- If you are taking blood thinners like warfarin then you must consult your physician before taking a tablet.
- If you had suffer from any kind of allergy after taking dolo 650 tablet, then you must avoid it
What are the Dolo tablet uses?
- Fever – Fever is the most common reason for which a dolo tablet is used.If fever is more than 100.4 F, then you can take a dolo tablet. It helps to reduce fever in any disease.
- Headache – It is an anti inflammatory drug so it can reduce headache.
- Body pain
- Muscular pain
- Dental pain
- Fever after immunization.
It is always better to consult your doctor before taking a tablet.
What is fever in adults ?
The normal body temperature of the human body is 97 degree fahrenheit to 99 degree fahrenheit. If the temperature of the body increases above 100.4 degree fahrenheit then it is called a fever. If the temperature of the body is more than 103 degree fahrenheit then it is known as high grade fever.
Fever comes due to increase in the white blood cells by the immune system of the body in response to the infection in the body which triggers hypothalamus of the brain to increase the temperature of the body which ultimately kills the germs responsible for the infection.
Mild fever in the children may be life threatening. At such times parents must not panic and follow the instructions given by their pediatrician. In adults, mild grade fever is not life threatening but if fever is persistent for a long time then it may be life threatening so at such time you must consult your doctor immediately for proper diagnosis.
Most commonly we can see following symptoms in the fever
- Loss of appetite
- Body ache
After taking fever medication, fever will subside in 30 minutes, if it persistent and symptoms worse then you must contact your treating doctor immediately
Severe symptoms of the fever
- Severe headache
- Persistent vomiting
- Loose motions causing dehydration
- Irrelevant talking
- Muscle cramps
- Decreased frequency of urination
If you found any of these symptoms then you must immediately consult your doctor.
How much time dolo tablet take for action?
When the dolo 650 tablet is taken orally it takes almost 15-30 minutes for its action.
Where dolo tablet to be stored?
- Dolo 650 tablet to be stored at dry place in the room temperature.
- It should be kept away from the reach of the children.
What is the price of the Dolo tablet ?
Dolo 650 tablet is available in a strip of 15 tablets. The whole strip will cost almost 25-30 Indian rupees. It is avaiable as over the counter medicine.
- When you are suffering from fever, after taking a tablet you must rest and wear loose clothes as fever will not reduce if you cover yourself with a lot of clothes.
- Drink plenty of water to keep your body hydrated which will reduce the frequency of the fever.
- Eat a proper diet and avoid oily one.
- Do not exert much as it will stress your body and bodyache will increase.
- Bath regularly as it keeps your body away from the germs. There is a false belief in our society about stopping bathing in fever which is very wrong.
- Keep the room temperature down, turn on your cooler or AC.
- If you are suffering from high grade fever of more than 103 degree fahrenheit or have fever for continuous three days, then it is better to consult your doctor as you may be suffering from infection for which you need to get examined.
Frequently asked questions
Can we take dolo 650 and cetrizine together ?
You can take dolo tablet along with cetrizine tablet. But consult your doctor before taking tablet.
What will happen if we take the Dolo tablet without fever ?
Dolo 650 acts as an anti-inflammatory tablet so it will not cause any damage but try to avoid taking recurrent tablets without any reason.
Can I take a dolo tablet for surgery related pain?
You can take a dolo tablet for surgery associated with pain. But it is always better to consult your surgeon before doing so.
Can I take dolo tablet for only headache ?
Yes, you can take a Dolo tablet for a mild headache.
Can a dolo tablet be taken by a person with duodenal ulcer?
Consult your doctor if you have gastric or duodenal ulcer, as it is not safe to take dolo tablet as it is non steroidal anti-inflammatory drug which will aggravate ulcer.
Can a heart patient or diabetic patient take a dolo tablet ?
Heart patients or diabetic patients may take dolo tablets. But It is always advised that you should consult your physician before doing so.
Can I take a Dolo tablet after vaccination ?
If you are suffering from fever or pain after vaccination then you can take the tablet in the proper dose. Consume tablets only for 2 days only.
Is Dolo 650 and paracetamol same?
Dolo 650 contain 650 mg of paracetamol. So dolo 650 and paracetamol is the same tablet.
Can Dolo 650 be used for cough?
Dolo 650 is an antipyretic tablet so it is used against fever not against cough.
5 Quality meftal spas uses for menstrual pain.
2 Best Cyclopam Tablet Uses for abdominal pain.
1 Best Use of Orasep La Gel for mouth ulcer pain.
2 Effective Cital Syrup Uses for urine infection.
Ref – Pharmeasy