Colic pain is very much common in infants due to the gases in the tummy of the baby. At such times, gastica drops uses help to relieve gas from the abdomen of the baby.
What are Gastica Drops ?
Gastica drops are anti-flatulent and antispasmodic drops which help to reduce gas formation and abdominal pain in infants.
- Anti flatulent means gas reducing from the abdomen.
- Antispasmodic means abdominal pain reduction.
Gastica drops are manufactured by Mankind Pharma pvt ltd.
What is the content of Gastica Drops ?
Gastica Drops contains below content per 1 ml of drops
- Simethicone : 40 mg
- Dill Oil : 0.005 ml
- Fennel Oil : 0.0007 ml
Gastica drops are available in the pack of 15 ml with calibrated dropper.
Gastica drops are stored at room temperature and it must be kept away from the children.
What is the cause of gases in the baby ?
Gases in the abdomen are very much common in infants and it is most commonly seen in the evening. Following are the causes of gas in the abdomen of the baby
- Swallowed air : Most of the time when mother breastfeeds her baby, the latch of the baby to the breast is not tight so some amount of air gushes in the mouth which gets trapped in the abdomen which ultimately causes colic pain in the baby.
- Excessive Cry : When baby cries, due to open mouth he sucks some amount of air with cry bout so this air gets trapped in the intestine and ultimately causes colicky pain.
- Indigestion : The intestine of infant babies is not so mature to digest the milk during initial days so it causes gas formation which in turn causes colic pain in the abdomen.
- Infection : Intestinal infection is one of the causes for gaseous distension. Amoebic intestinal infections can cause gaseous bloating of the abdomen.
What is the action of Gastica Drops ?
- Simethicone : Simethicone is one of the antiflatulent agent which relieves gaseous distension from the abdomen. Simethicone acts as surfactant which reduces surface tension of the gas bubbles formed in the intestine due to which it gets bursts and the trapped gas can easily passed from intestine.
Simethicone is not absorbed in the blood; it acts in the intestine and is eliminated out in the feces.
- Dill Oil : Dill oil is extracted oil from a Dill plant. It is also called Indian Dill. It helps to relieve colic pain from the abdomen.
- Fennel oil : Fennel oil is obtained from steam distillation of seeds of foeniculum vulgare plant. It helps to release the tension in the intestinal wall which ultimately reduces colic pain from the abdomen of the baby.
How to give Flatuna Drops to the baby ?
Flatuna drops can be given to the baby as follow :
- Babies below 6 months of age : 10 drops (0.5ml) given 6 hourly before 10-15 minutes of feeding.
- Babies Between 6 months to 12 months of age : 20 drops (1ml) given 6 hourly before 10-15 minutes of feeding.
- Babies above 1 year of age : 25 drops (1.2 ml) given 6 hourly before 10-15 minutes of feeding.
What are the side effects of Gastica Drops ?
Gastica drops are mostly ayurvedic so they are not harmful. You must give the proper dose to the baby according to the age of the baby. Simethicone is not absorbed from the intestine so it does not have much more side effects.
What are Gastica Drops Uses ?
Gastica Drops Uses are as follow :
- Abdominal colic pain in infants : Colic pain is very much common in infants which is most commonly seen in the evening as the gas formation occurs more in the evening which in turn causes distension of the intestine which is one of the causes of colic pain in the baby.
- Relief from flatulence
- Gripping pain from abdomen