Nebulisation in children often opens the nostrils of children and reduces their irritability and then children starts playing. So we must have to know knowledge about nebulisation in children as it will help in emergency situation. So lets understand nebulizer and its working in this article.
What is a nebulizer?
A nebulizer is a type of steam machine used for steaming. The nebulizer machine emits a vapour that can be inhaled through a mask through the nose. The vapour generated by nebulizer is cold vapour. There are many types of nebulizers available in the market. You should know the difference between a nebulizer inhaler and a spacer.
What is the difference between nebulizer, inhaler and spacer?
- Nebulizer is a machine used for nebulisation in children as well as adults. This machine is used in all clinics or the nebulizer can be used at home also.
- Inhalers are used in children with asthma, so patients get immediate relief as the required medicine reaches the bronchioles of the lung directly. Inhalers are very useful in times of need.
- Spacer is a type of container to which an inhaler is attached so that the drug from inhaler is completely absorbed into the lungs. For Children those cannot use inhalers properly so it is very easy to give them medicine by spacer.
What are the parts of a nebulizer?
The nebulizer has four parts
- Air Compressor – This is a nebulizer machine that releases air
- Tube – The Tube is connected to the air compressor. This Tube is connected to the air compressor so that the air generated by the air compressor reaches the chamber through the plastic tube.
- Chamber – Chember is used for putting medicine of nebulisation so that vapour will generated from the chamber.
- Face Mask – The medicine vapour coming out of the chamber is easily given to the patient with the help of the mask
The machine-generated air is thus passed through a tube to the chamber and when the drug evaporates from the chamber, it is passed to the patient through a mask.
What are the types of nebulizers?
There are many types of nebulizers available in the market so the most used nebulizers are of the following types.
- Ultrasonic Nebulizer
Ultrasonic Nebulizers Vibration Generates Vapours This nebulizer generates a lot of vapours. Ultrasonic nebulizers are very expensive and are often used in hospitals.
- Jet nebulizer
The jet nebulizer generates vapour from the compressed air chamber. This type of nebulizer is widely used and inexpensive.
What is the advantage of nebulizer?
The nebulizer’s essential drug travels through the airways to the bronchus, helping to clear the airways, and is used to treat a wide range of lung infections.
- Childhood asthma or asthma
In asthma, the patient has difficulty in breathing because the airways are constricted, and when the drug is given to the patient, his or her airways become dialtes and the patient’s breathing difficulties get reduce.
Babies have a runny nose due to a cold, which makes it difficult for them to breathe. At such time nebulisation will help to reduce the congestion of the nose.
Babies often have mucus in the throat in pneumonia, so they can’t get it cough out, so the nebulizer’s steam makes the mucus thinner and so that it will come out through vomiting or sneezing.
- Home use
The nebulizer is portable so it can be used at home and can be useful for nebulisation in children as well as adults.
What types of medications can be given by nebulizer?
The following types of medications can be given by nebulizer
- Bronchodilators – These drugs clear the airways
- Hypertonic saline – The vapour of hypertonic saline clears the mucus, a thick substance in the trachea, but this type of vapour should be taken only on the advice of a doctor.
When to use a nebulizer at home?
The nebulizer should be used at home for the following purposes
- If your doctor has advised you to use a nebulizer
- If the doctor has prescribed you medicine for nebulisation.
- If you are able to nebulise properly
- If the nebulizer is properly cleaned.
How to clean nebulizer?
It is very important to keep the nebulizer clean after use as there is a risk of spreading the infection to another patient without cleaning after using the nebulizer. Keeping the nebulizer clean can be very difficult but it is very much essential to do that. The nebulizer should be cleaned as follows
- First wash your hands with clean soap and water.
- Rinse the mask and chamber with lukewarm water. After washing, shake off the accumulated water and wipe with a dry cloth.
- There is no need to wash the tubing with water
- Wipe the compressor part of the nebulizer with a clean cloth
Duolin nebulisation is not used in children under twelve years of age. The 2.5 ml tube of the drug is available in the market. These tubes contain the drugs ipratropium and levosalbutamol.
Budecort nebulisation is used in young children and infants. Children who have pneumonia or whooping cough get benefited from budecort nebulisation.It is a type of steroid and is very beneficial in children with asthma
Handyneb Nulife Piston type nebulizer
The most beneficial and inexpensive nebulizer is Handyneb. The benefits of this nebulizer are as follows.
1) Handyneb nebulizer is portable so we can nebulise with it anywhere.
2) Handyneb nebulizer is the most widely used and cheap nebulizer.
3) Handyneb nebulizer is 29.5 x 14.8 x 10.5 cm in size so it takes less space to keep it.
4) The compressor of Handyneb nebulizer produces vapour from the medicine in the chamber.
5) 1 bag, tubings, warranty card provided with Handyneb nebulizer.
6) This type of nebulizer is very useful in case of emergency. So having this nebulizer for home use is always beneficial.
Smartcare Ultrasonic Nebuliser
1) Smartcare Ultrasonic Nebulizer is a type of portable nebulizer Which we can use for nebulisation at any place.
2) In SmartCare Ultrasonic Nebulizer, Vibration generates vapour.
3) Smartcare Ultrasonic Nebulizer generates a lot of vapor so that the patient with cold, cough gets relief immediately.
4) Smartcare Ultrasonic Nebulizer has a knob to increase the timer and vapour density, so you can steam as much as you want.
5) Smartcare Ultrasonic Nebulizer is 250 x 150 x 225 mm in size so it does not take up much space.
6) Smartcare Ultrasonic Nebulizer can be used in children as well as adults.
7) Although SmartCare Ultrasonic Nebulizer is expensive, the steam of this nebulizer makes a quick relief from the disease.
8) This nebulizer is provided with accessories which are used for nebulisation in children.
After reading the above article, you will understand how to use nebulizer and why.